Sunday, July 20, 2008

Romance Novels

I don't ordinarily read romance novels, preferring instead a good Western. However, put together a modern Western with romance in it, and I might be able to get into it.

That's what happened with a couple of novels by Jeannie Watt. I read her "The Brother Returns" followed by "A Difficult Woman." I stumbled across them by accident at a super market book rack. I was enthralled by her writing, character development, and dialogue. I'll just sum it all by by saying, "Man, she's a gooood novelist.

Another favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. His novels aren't strictly romance. Some are romances wrapped in a mystery, and those are the one I like. I've just finished "A Bend in the Road." Before that, I had read "True Believer" followed by its sequel "Love at First Sight," two top-notch novels.

These two fiction authors are the first I have read in more years than I can recall without giving away my real age, which isn't as high on the scale as most think but certainly high enough to provide me with the wisdom to avoid adolescent impulses.

If you haven't already read these authors, try them. You may like them.

No comments: