Saturday, August 25, 2007

Daly City

We lived in Daly City when I was a kid. I always thought it was actually San Francisco, and even to this day, I will answer "San Francisci" when someone asks which part of the Bay Area we lived in. Of course, we lived in other places like San Rafael, Petaluma, San Pablo, Richmond, Oakland, and as far East as Tracy. But I consider only Daly City to be San Francisco.

This is so in part because we lived in an apartment on Mission Street just across the line from San Francisco. The whole neighborhood looked alike to me, generic buildings and businesses. And we wandered all around the place, as far South as Colma and several blocks into San Francisco proper.

All in all, it was a fairly pleasant place with lots of kids, including several cousins, aunts, and uncles. Childhood is almost always pleasant when you have a family around.

No comments: